GOLD MEDAL - I have gone back and updated, corrected, and cleaned up over 50 citations.
GOLD MEDAL and half way to DIAMOND
* Task A: Prepare a comprehensive backup plan for your digital research files and a security plan for your hard copies and photos. COMPLETED
* Task B: Secure your hard copies and photos in waterproof containers. COMPLETED* Task C: Backup all your data using a flash drive, an external drive, CDs, DVDs, or an online resource COMPLETED
3. Organize Your Research
* Task A: Organize at least 20 hard files or ancestral items (books, fabrics, inherited items) into file folders, boxes, envelopes, containers, etc.; archival-quality where appropriate. COMPLETE4. Expand Your Knowledge
* Task B: Organize at least 20 digital files into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc. COMPLETE
* Task C: Organize at least 20 photos into photo albums, scrapbooks, collages, protective holders, boxes, etc. COMPLETE
*Task D: Organize at least 20 digital photos into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags etc. COMPLETE
* Task E: Create at least 20 data entries in your database, or scan 20 photos, or scan 20 documents. COMPLETE
* Task F: Create a master list of your files and notify your family members of where it is stored. COMPLETE
I have not done anything towards this medal. Sigh, maybe this week.
I have not done anything towards this medal. Sigh, maybe this week.6. Reach Out and Perform Random Acts of Kindness
* Task A: Comment on a new (to you) genealogy blog. See the New Genealogy Blogs tag at GeneaBloggers for the newest blogs. COMPLETED Visited and commented on 3 new blogs.
* Task B: Post one or more gravestone photos at Find A Grave. COMPLETED Posted Martha B Brown gravestone
* Task C: Invite other genealogists to join Facebook, GenealogyWise, Twitter or some other social media network where genealogists meet.
* Task D: Assist another researcher with a research request or lookup. See AnceStories “Random Acts of Kindness Week” posts for ideas for this item and Item E
* Task E: Participate in an indexing project.
* Task F: Join a genealogical, historical, heritage or lineage society. COMPLETED I am taking credit for this one because I already belong to numerous societies (Collin County Genealogy, Dallas Genalogy, Saratoga Historical, California Genealogy, Humboldt County Historical, Harpers Ferry Historical, Gilder Lehrman, Blackjack Battlefield, National Abolition Hall of Fame)
* Task G: Use the Follow feature on a Blogger-based genealogy blog and follow one or more blogs.
Labels: Geneaology, Graveyards, Harpers Ferry Descendants, Humboldt35 36 37 38