02 03 John Brown Kin: I have been awarded the "Kreative Blogger's Award " 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I have been awarded the "Kreative Blogger's Award "

34

Robyn (of Reclaiming Kin), made my day today when she emailed me to tell me that she awarded me the "Kreative Blogger's Award." I am honored to be in such great company and hope that I can continue to both entertain and educate with my blog.

My research into my ancestor, John Brown, and his descendants has taken me all over the United States, and introduced me to many, many new friends. When I was younger, I never imagined that I would be friends with College Professors, Historians, Published Authors, History Buffs, Descendants of Frederick Douglass, Bloggers and many others who just share an interest in my ancestor.

I enjoy writing the blog, although I have been lax in my writing lately due to all my John Brown travels. I am on my last two trips this week, and things should quiet down around here after the commemoration of his burial in North Elba, NY on Dec 8, 2009.

This award comes with the responsibility of sharing 7 things about myself and passing the award on to 7 more bloggers.

Seven Things You May Not Have Known About Me:

1. All through my children's 12 years of schooling I answered to the name "The Twins Mom" (I am the mother of identical twin boys, now 23 years old)

2. I make really cool, outlandish, over-the-top Bows (I used to own a Gift Basket Company)

3. I can crochet, tat, needlepoint, cross stitch, crewel, embroider, quilt, smock, candlewick, weave, but I can not Knit!!! (anybody want to teach me?)

4. I have known my "Bestest Friend in the Whole Wide World" Cheryl for 48 years, ever since we collided on our tricycles.

5. I am fascinated by Serial Killers, and read every book I can find on the subject.

6. I refuse to cook fried food (If you want fried chicken, KFC is down the street!)

7. My favorite folk group is Twice as Far. My very good friend and neighbor, Judi,  is in the group and I go to all of her concerts! (You can listen to thier music on their site)

I hereby award the Kreative Blogger Award to the following  Blogs that I read and enjoy!

The Family Curator
The Tangled Branches of My Family
The Olive Tree
We Tree
Footenote Maven
The Heart and Craft of Life Writing
John Brown The Abolitionist: a biographers blog
35 36 37 38